Hello Techies, YouTube has changed it Monetisation Policy In 2018 and We are sharing all the changes under the topic “YouTube New Monetisation Rule 2018 Need 1000 Subscribers 4000 Watch-hours”. Have a look at all the youtube monetization changes and related queries here.
YouTube New Monetisation Rule 2018 Need 1000 Subscribers 4000 Watch-hours
Since last 3-4 months, New Creators on Youtube are very bothered about Why their channel is not getting monetization enabled after getting 10K views?
I already have discussed the changes that might come regarding this and exactly what happened. youTube has changed the rule for getting monetization enabled for new creators.
Now There is a heavy rush of creators on YouTube in which some are making good contents while some are uploading rubbish videos. YouTube wants its surface to be clean and fulfilled with relevant and important contents.
So it is mainly focused on Watch times and Subscribers Now. To get you YouTube Monetisation enabled in 2018. You have to make great efforts. So, Be ready for this.
Note: This new YouTube Video Monetisation Criteria will be implemented from 20th February 2018.
As Youtube Says: On February 20th, 2018, we’ll also implement this threshold across existing channels on the platform, to allow for a 30 day grace period. On that date, channels with fewer than 1,000 subs or 4,000 watch hours will no longer be able to earn money on YouTube. When they reach 1,000 subs and 4,000 watch hours they will be automatically re-evaluated under strict criteria to ensure they comply with our policies. New channels will need to apply, and their application will be evaluated when they hit these milestones.
Here are the new rules to get monetization enabled on a Youtube channel
1. Now a youtube creator requires 1000 subscriber and 4000 watch hours in the last 365 days.
2. The last 365 days or 1 year will be counted from the date of application.
3. You should not have any policy violations, Copyright strikes and community Guidelines strike on your channel.
So, It’s not about getting 10k Views on YouTube Now, It’s all about making good contents which a YouTube viewers want to view.
It’s obvious that when you make contents which are relevant and interest-grabbing then you automatically get watch times and Subscribers.
What Do you need to get 1000 Subscribers and 4000 Watch Hours?
I am sharing my 1-year experience of YouTube to get out from the trouble of getting 1000 subscribers and 4000 watch hours. You just need to follow these steps to gain Subscribers and watch times.
1. Make good content – You need to make contents which are relevant and audience attention grabber. For this do a little survey on what you want to create and also use proper mike for sound and a good mobile or DSLR camera to record.
2. Be aware of Copyright and Community Guideline strikes – Try to create own content, do not copy-paste more like Video Parts, Images, Music, Names and more.
Note: After using the contents of other creator or Copyright owners, If you are giving credit to them in your video or description, then it is not a guarantee that they will not claim a copyright on you.
So If you are using contents of other creators then you must have their permission to use. I will suggest you to use free contents. Like youtube Free Music and Free images available on Google.
3. Make Awesome Thumbnail – On YouTube Thumbnails are audience attention seeker. So try to make a proper and awesome thumbnail of your video according to video contents.
4. DO proper SEO of Video – If You are unaware of How to do proper SEO of a video on YouTube? How to write proper tags? then you can use TubeBuddy,
It will do a number of youtube things auto for you and also provide you a lot of checks before publishing a video. This is the best tool available right now for Youtube. You can also buy its premium version for better Support.
5. Write Suitable Title and Give Proper description – Title and description of a youtube Video are very Important to make it clear, short and according to contents. You must writ a proper description of your video in more than 150 words with tags and titles including in it.
Ultimatum for Old Creators
Youtube hs Given time to old YouTubers Who has completed 10k Views and Got their monetization enabled. So, Now according to new Policy Every single YouTube Channel will be checked and If found that some Old Creators have monetization enabled without getting 1000 Subscribers and 4000 Watch Hours then they will be given an ultimatum to complete it.
If an old you-tuber or creator unable to fix it in given ultimatum his/her channel monetization will be disabled until they complete the new monetization criteria of Youtube.
YouTube New Monetisation Rule 2018 Need 1000 Subscribers 4000 Watch-hours QNA
Q1. Is it 4000 watch minutes or Hours
Ans: Youtube has specified clearly it is 4000 watch hours not watch minutes.
Q2. I have 1000 subscriber in last 1 Year, Am I eligible for Monetisation
Q3. My monetization is enabled but I don’t have either 4000 Watch hours or 1000 Subscribers. Will my Monetisation be disabled?
Ans: yes your monetization will be disabled from 20th Feb 2018. So try to gain watch time and Subscribers in between.
Q4. I have More than 10K Views, Am I eligible for Monetisation?
Ans: From 20th Feb 2018 onwards, A YouTube Channel Monetization will depend on Watch Houts and Subscribers Which I have discussed in this Article Have a look.
If You have any query regarding this then comment below. We will also include your query here.
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
No votes so far! Be the first to rate this post.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!